Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BRAVO!

I admit it.  I’m addicted.  I used to be a “closet watcher” but now I find like-minded people wherever I go who are equally addicted!  The funny thing is when I was in a management position for years, years ago, it wasn’t appropriate to share with your staff that your favorite movies was “A Devil Wears Prada!”  So maybe I had a trait or two from time to time but WHAT THE HECK!!  Bravo has an entire network now with women flipping tables, gay guys flipping out and matriarchs knowing it all!!  As usual, I was way ahead of my time!! lol

I don’t know what the attraction is to the Bravo Network.  I find myself watching the same episodes over and over again just to make sure I didn’t accidentally miss one second.  Truth be told I don’t like the drama.  I think I like that fact that as bad as it seems here, things could be a lot worse.  Maybe being in the Season of BROKE isn’t so bad after all.  I may be broke (for now) but I still have my sanity and integrity.

Watching Bravo makes my husband crazy.  If he hears it, he immediately lectures on how these people are far from REAL and how this is NOT reality.  It made me think…I will be the first to say I don’t like to admit when he is right, but maybe just this time I have to give him the pass.  I watched as HOUSEWIVES battled it out over makeup lines, fashion shows, purse swatches and branding themselves on anything they could come in contact with. Then there were cook books, recipes and clothing.  I believe the line was totally crossed with the singing but I am half-deaf after all so what do I know (Candi from Atlanta excluded)! 

So in this world of REAL TV I wondered why no one has decided to address the Season of being BROKE.  Is it not sexy enough?  Maybe it won’t sell books or help ratings?  It does seem like the REAL just seem to be getting more and wealthier, doesn’t it?  You can’t turn on any channel anymore without seeing one of them endorsing something or on the cover of a magazine.  Wouldn’t it be interesting to see Vicky clip coupons or Phaedra to wait for the weekly grocery circulars, LuAnn to balance a checkbook or Mary to run out of gas (now you know I can’t pick on my NJ gals!).  Now that’s REAL!!  What’s REAL for some will never be REAL to others.  Don’t get me wrong.  I don’t know what I would do without Bravo.  Some days though I want to call it what it is - NOT REAL, just entertainment!  I can’t wait for the new episodes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment