Monday, July 18, 2011

ABSOLUTELY NOT

…what I planned on talking about today but this opportunity is just too good to pass up! lol

If you have been following my Blog you know that I have issues with banks.  When I decided to share my thoughts (publicly) about my views I wasn’t really sure WHAT would happen.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind now that I am doing the right thing – sharing!  I have been receiving many comments (mostly privately) about poor banking policies all over the country.  While I can’t fix everything, I am thinking about proclaiming myself Advocate for the OVER Fee’d!  (don’t you just love how I give myself all these titles??)

One woman wrote that her FEES were so outlandish she called her relative, who was happened to be the President of the bank.  The call was useless.  She now has her money in another bank!! Needless to say the apple doesn’t all far from the tree – these heartless bank tellers have to be getting it from someone!!  lol

I go to the post office frequently.  Usually I write a check for my mailings.  About three weeks ago, I paid cash.  The postal clerk looked at me and asked if I ran out of checks.  We got to know each other a bit over the years.  I’m having an issue with my bank (is all I had to say!) and the flood gates opened!!  She told me horror story after story about what she experienced.  We just knew some of these banks were taking advantage of the average person but couldn’t prove it.  So I began an investigation of my own

Today when I went to the PO we started talking about my investigation and the lawsuit against Bank of America for overcharging fees on the order in which checks are presented.  Customers in line began to chime in and I thought there was going to be a revolt!!  Turns out we were not alone!  This business of FEES that the banks are charging is out of control.  In my prior life, we had to adhere to best practices.  If this is the BEST banks have to offer, what is their WORST?

I suggested they read my Blog for any updates.  They left pleased knowing that someone, ANY one was looking out for them.

Next I did what any normal investigator would do – I called a lawyer!  I began to explain what was happening and he immediately stopped me.  THAT just happened to US too!!!  Being the do-gooders that we are he agreed WE have to do something!  I told him all the facts, showed him all the facts and we were off!

If you have bank horror stories that you would like to share, tell me!  I found these institutions will wear you down.  They “bank” on the consumer not noticing the fees, not fighting the fees, or simply taking their money out so they have less work to do in a day!

Just thinking out loud – when banks were bailed out did they also get permission to overcharge decent customers?
I have a Blog and the world can see it so I started telling everyone I meet about my Blog.  What’s the point of hiding now!  I usually get their attention when our conversation begins with...A CHECK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment