Saturday, August 13, 2011

A very BIG LOL!!!!


When I wrote about the new girls at the bank it was “half” tongue-in-cheek.  I figured at some point one of them would say or do something to give me content for my blog.  What I didn’t expect is that it would happen the very NEXT day!!

Hubby achieved one of his major goals (and accomplishments) this week and decided to spend the day on his Harley.  His plan was to go to the bank, cash a check and be on his way.  My plan was to have his favorite dinner waiting for him when he arrived back home.  As he was leaving I asked him for a check for groceries.  He said “just take it – sign my name as always…”

Not being the type of gal that “stays within budget” I went to the bank to deposit the check he handed me into “my account” just in case I went over his budget.  It was taking a little longer than usual at the drive-up which I thought was odd.  And then it happened.  One of these cute little newbies said she could not deposit that check into my account because “the signatures did not match.”  My reply was they know me at the bank, I am there every day for goodness sake and we live in walking distance why would I forge a check for $50!!?  I explained how my husband was just there minutes before and on his way out of town.  I knew it wasn’t this newbies fault – she was only following directions.  And then the “coin wrapper” lady (see a previous blog for that!) marched right on over to my window to put in her two cents.  “We know who you are but the signatures do not match.”  I was thinking that the signatures NEVER match because my hard working husband works round the clock and seldom ever gets to the bank!  She asked if I could call him for his permission?   Seriously?  He just left here ten minutes ago on a Harley – how am I going to call him?

The poor little newbie looked frazzled at best.  I really thought she was going to cry so I asked her name.  She gave it and said “It’s not my fault I am only doing what they told me to do.”  I assured her I knew that was the case and not to worry.  She kindly asked if I still wanted to deposit the “cash” that was also included in the deposit.  Of course I did.  And she ever-so-kindly made the deposit and gave me back the deposit slip, hubby’s check and ALL the cash that was supposed to be deposited! LOL

Honestly I can’t make this stuff up!!  I hardly wanted her to get in trouble and I returned the money instantly.  I hope she makes it because she seemed like a sweet girl.  Maybe “mother hen” shouldn’t have been hovering over her so much.  She probably made her nervous!

You may be asking at yourself WHY then don’t I leave that bank if I have so many problems?  At this point if I did I wouldn’t have anything to blog about!! LOL

Happy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment